Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weighing in, bread making, meal plan

.
Meal plan for the day:

Breakfast:
apple (1 pt)
greek yogurt (3 pts)
1/4 cup fresh strawberries (0 pts)
homemade blueberry muffin (2 pts)
coffee with a little bit of milk (.5 pts)

Total: 6.5 pts

Lunch:
green peppers (0 pts)
raw green beans (0 pts)
garlic hummus (2 pts)
half a PB & J sammich (3.5 pts)

Total: 5.5 pts

Dinner (9 pts left):
As usual, I'm not sure yet. I might make some veggie lasagna. I keep saying that, but when I get home I never want to put that much effort into cooking.

---------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of effort and cooking, I DO want to make some homemade bread really soon.

Like, maybe tonight.

However. I have a strong feeling my bread is going to fail.

Indeed, Skeptical Cat. I agree. I keep reading different articles about how to make homemade bread (with no bread machine thingy) and they're all like "MANY THINGS CAN GO WRONG AT EVERY STAGE OF MAKING BREAD AND BELIEVE ME THERE ARE MANY STAGES SO HOLY CRAP YOUR BREAD IS GONNA SUCK" and I'm like "Yes, I believe you."

Regardless, bread making (or some type of semblance of it) shall occur. Don't worry, I'll document each step along the way so when I'm a super awesome bread maker in the future we can all look back and laugh. =)

Hm. If I make homemade bread, maybe I'll skip making the lasagna and instead have a veggie burger ON the homemade bread. Holy crap, I'm a genius. I can actually make like a little sandwich. If the bread is edible, that is.

Cross your fingers. =P

On a separate note, I sneaked a peek at the scale this morning, even though my weigh in isn't until tomorrow morning.

139.8!!!

So I just have to make sure that holds til tomorrow when my weigh in is official =P But wow, was it nice seeing 13-something on the scale. Baking bread will be good for tonight, I think. It's time consuming but also not something where I'm going to be licking the batter left and right.

2 comments:

  1. Bread making! My favorite! (insert Homer Simpson drooling sounds here)I baked bread yesterday and the house smelled mah-velous!
    If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook, that will help make it a little easier. It could take several hours for the dough to rise depending on the temperature in your house. The result is so worth it though! There is nothing quite like warm bread just out of the oven!
    I can't wait to hear all about it!

    Congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your unofficial weigh in, that's awesome!! i love homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete