After the meal impressions: I LOVE this pizza. It's quick and easy and delicious - very filling, too! A great way to stay on plan but still get your pizza fix.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
OMG MY FIRST RECIPE!
I, for one, am sick of reading cookbooks and seeing 329423 ingredients and 3 pages worth of instructions. I want simplicity! And you probably do too! So I tried to make this as simple and easy as possible.
Here's what you'll need to serve two:
2 medium whole wheat pitas
Pizza sauce, any kind (I like a lot, so usually I put at least 1/2 cup on each pita). You might be able to use marinara or pasta sauce if you're in a pinch.
50% reduced fat cheese, shredded - 1.5 ounces PER pita, so 3 oz. total.
ANY toppings! (I use mushrooms, onions, and spinach seen in the pic here, all 0 point veggies)
So many different things you can put on your pita pizza:
Mushrooms
Spinach
Garlic
Tomatoes
Onions
Non-vegetarian options are bacon, hamburger, sausage, pepperoni, ham, chicken, etc - although these tend to be high in calories and fat, 'cept the chicken. Use at your own discretion!
Here are my ingredients:
I used cheddar cheese, but if you're partial to a different type of reduced fat cheese, feel free to use it! And note that that WW food scale says 1.5 ounces, not 15 ounces!!! =P One more thing: this particular brand of pizza sauce was delicious, but could have been slightly less salty.
Ok, get ready for some instructions:
Put your oven at 400 degrees!
Put the plain pitas in the oven, right on the rack. You can do this right away, as the oven is warming up. No need for a cookie sheet or anything. We're going to keep them in there for about 5-10 minutes to get them a bit crispy.
While the pitas are warming up, chop up your veggies and toppings.
Using tongs, take the pitas out of the oven.
Put on your toppings. No need to saute any of the veggies before hand - you can just load them right on, raw. Sprinkle your cheese on as well.
Keep them there for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Remove from oven, cut into fourths, and enjoy!!
Some basic nutritional info (yours may vary slightly, depending on brand, and any other variations)
PER PITA:
50% reduced fat cheddar (1.5 oz): 105 cals, 7.0g fat, 0g fiber
Pita (medium): 140 cals, 2.0g fat, 10g fiber
Pizza sauce (1/2 cup): 60 cals, 2.5g fat, 1g fiber
In total, that's:
305 cals
11.5g fat
11g fiber
6 points!
I don't count vegetables because 1. I'm not eating 38 cups of them or anything, and 2. vegetables are awesome and good for you. I saw some quote on the forums once that was like "You can't eat too many vegetables. We didn't get fat from eating too much lettuce." Lol.
Enjoy!

First of all, congrats on losing 20 lbs. in just 6 weeks! That's amazing! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteAlso your pizza looks yummy. I tried to make pizza like that for my picky family and they told me the crust was "weird." I'll have to try another pita type and see how that goes over.
Last, I love your spunky attitude. I loved that you said you'd punch the two skinny bitches in the street if you saw them! Love it!
Get used to people giving you their two cents on yo9ur weight. It will at first be flattering and then soon turn annoying. Many times it's people putting how they feel onto you. You are the one in charge of what feels right to you. As much as possible, just say thank you and leave it at that. I'm guessing the people making the comments are bigger than you? See where I'm going with this. :) Thanks for following my blog. I willnow be following you!
this recipe looks AMAZING!
ReplyDeletei love pizza and i hate recipes with tons of ingredients!
this looks really simple, thank you for posting it!