After the meal impressions: Both Pete and I enjoyed this a lot. I was pretty skeptical about how the eggs and ricotta would go together, but they really did mesh well. The three cheeses tasted delicious. I served it with a salad, and I put a little hot sauce on the pie.... serious yum.
------------------------------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
2 egg whites
spinach (a few big handfuls, chopped)
crumbled feta (2 ounces)
part-skim ricotta cheese (1-1/2 cups)
reduced-fat Parmesan cheese (2 tbsp)
salt and pepper (to taste)
INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites together.
Add in the ricotta and feta and mix well - then put in the spinach and salt & pepper (I beat the eggs in a small bowl to begin with and had to transfer everything over to this bigger, red bowl).
Spray a 9" pie pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture into it. Then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
Put it in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
Voila!
Nutritional Info:
2 eggs: 140 cals, 9g fat, 0g fiber
2 egg whites: 30 cals, 0g fat, 0g fiber
Ricotta: 600 cals, 42g fat, og fiber
Feta cheese: 140 cals, 12g fat, 0g fiber
Parmesan cheese: 60 cals, 3g fat, 0g fiber
Spinach: 20 cals, 0g fat, 1.5g fiber
Total: 990 cals, 66g fat, 1.5g fiber
For one quarter of the pie:
250 cals
16.5g fat
0g fiber
6 pts!
Enjoy!

Looks delish!
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks really tasty. I had the same first initial thought...ricotta and eggs? But, the finished product looks tasty and if you say it's good I'll take your word for it. In fact I think I'll give it a try this week.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!