I'm thinking about making nachos tonight, with some refried beans, salsa, and sour cream. It'll be 8 points though, which is quite a lot, and it wouldn't actually be all that much food, so I'm still not 100% sure. There's also some leftover pasta from a couple days ago that should get eaten soon, which would be 5 points.
I remember back when I used to get 24 points a day.... *wistful sigh*. Now I only get 20, and sticking to only 20 is really tough. I think I need to pare down my breakfast and lunch. I've been finding that I typically get home from work with 7 or 8 points left, and then after a 2 point snack (which is especially important if I've just gotten home from a run) and some dinner, I'm done with my daily points or even over sometimes. And I've found that planning for an after dinner snack is really important for me, because I always want something to look forward to after dinner - but I hate having to use weeklies or APs for that post-dinner snack all the time, because I can't seem to fit into my daily points. When I had 22+ points a day, it was simple. Now, not so much.
I keep trying to plan certain dinners, but I can't bring myself to make anything that's 6 points or over. Which essentially means making nothing with cheese. *weep* I LOVE cheese, but even the low fat cheese is so high in points when you add it to stuff. I keep wanting to make a vegetable lasagna but I know it's going to be like 8 points a serving (I just can't bring myself to use non-fat cheese... I might as well eat plastic. I mean cheese is inherently made of fat. If it's non-fat, is it still even considered cheese? What's it even made of? Ick.), and I just don't have enough points in the day for an 8 point dinner. Sure, I could eat a smaller portion, but then I know I'll be hungry later. Sigh. CONUNDRUM.
The other frustrating thing is that I never seem to be able to find a good baking night. I like to bake stuff when I have a good 4 points left for the day - so I have 2-3 points for trying whatever it is that I made, and 1-2 points for tasting batter, licking spoons, etc. Lately though, it seems that every single night I have to put it off yet again, because I don't have any dailies left (this week I ate a lot of my weekly points early on, too, so I only have one left plus APs).
I think I need to reorganize my daily points, and utilize my weekly points better.
Anyway, along with the lasagna, I've also been meaning to make nachos (as said above). I think I'm gonna suck it up and make a refried bean dip with lots of veggies - tomatoes, salsa, peppers, onions, jalapenos, etc. I love jalapenos. Plus, boosting veggie content always helps me stay full for longer.
How do those people who only get 18 points a day DO it? Major props to them. I wait in terror for the day when my 20 points a day drops to 19....
---------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of jalapenos:
First note to self: When making a sandwich at night for the next day's lunch, don't expect to be able to chop up jalapenos for it and then a little while later, take out your contact lens.
Second note to self: When one eye is burning in excruciating pain, don't expect to be able to wash off said jalapeno residue from your hand with just water and then be able to take out the other contact. You will, in fact, end up with both eyes in severe pain. You need to scrub your hands with soap and water.
Third note to self: When you wake up the next morning, don't stumble into the bathroom all sleepily and forget that your contacts are probably still contaminated with jalapeno juice, despite rinsing them and putting them in fresh contact solution. Do NOT attempt to put them back into your eyes.
After all is said and done, 1. I'm not blind (phew), 2. I need a new pair of contact lenses, and 3. My boyfriend is awesome, because he fashioned a little eye-rinse station out of a shot glass for me. How freaking cute it that.Me: "OH MY GOD IT BURNS"
Pete: "Here, take this"
Me: "NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR VODKA SHOTS, PETE"
Pete: "Rinse your eyes with it!"
Me: "WITH VODKA?!?!"
Pete: "It's water!"
Ahem. What. I was a little out of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated my photos! I know there's only a 3 pound difference from the last photo I posted, but I don't care, I like pictures =D Check it out on the sidebar to the right!
Oh, and my meal plan for the day:
Breakfast:
peach (1 pt)
Oikos yogurt (2 pts)
1 Weetabix biscuit (1 pt)
Lunch:
Hummus on an arnold thin with cucumbers, lettuce, and dreaded jalapenos (2 pts)
Progresso minestrone soup (3 pts)
Total: 9 points so far
If I get hungry later on at work:
100 cal pack of nuts (2 pts)
Dinner:
Maybe nachos! (8 pts)
Or leftover pasta? (5 pts)
Or something completely different (? pts)
Any of you guys have good, low point dinner ideas?

I make nachos by taking a low carb pita and cutting into triangles, pull the to sides apart and bake until crispy :) Then i put cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, onions on them.
ReplyDeleteYour contacts are garbage now?? That's too bad
Hope you're having a great weekend anyway :)
I've learned always, always, always to handle hot peppers wearing the thin disposable rubber gloves you can get. You realise pretty quickly just how many delicate areas are sensitive to pepper burns when you don't. (!)
ReplyDelete