Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dear phyllo dough: You suck. Love, Me.

.
Phyllo dough is really freaking hard to work with. Pastry chefs around the world: I salute you.

1. If you get it wet, it's all over. It essentially "melts."
2. Each piece of phyllo is incredibly thin. Good luck getting one sheet off. *snort*
3. If it becomes too dry, it will break into no less than a thousand pieces.
4. So, you need to keep it moist. But, see (1).
5. If you end up getting pissed off and throwing out most of the phyllo dough in a blind rage, I won't blame you.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nightmare. I have not yet tried to tackle phylo dough. You are braver than I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* thanks for the laugh this morning...I can so relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I can always count on your blog to make me LOL!

    ReplyDelete