First off: My weigh in.
Uh.
*ahem*
My question: How do I gain 6.6 pounds in one week?
How?
I know I wasn't perfectly on my diet BUT HOLY SHIT 6.6 POUNDS?!??!?!
So now I weigh 146.0. Wow.
I'm praying that most of that 6.6 pounds is made up of salt, water, and poo. Cross your fingers. It's gotta be, right?
Or else my scale is wacked.
Secondly: Like I said before, I AM pretty sick of counting points. Calories, fat, fiber, calories, fiber, calories, fiber, fat, fiber, calories, fat, calories, fat, fiber. Calories. Fiber. Bah.
I've paid for weightwatchers through the end of November, so I'm somewhat stuck with it til then (which is fine. I do like the WW website, info, forums, etc). However, I'm going to try out Sparkpeople.com. I've heard a TON of good things about it from various people, and it's free, so, no harm no foul. I'll let you know how I like it. =)
Thirdly: Because I have a new plan and am totally excited about it, I'm really back on track here, and I love it. I'm measuring stuff, tracking what I eat, etc. It's a good thing. No more "oh just a handful of this" or "this looks like 1/4 cup, right? Eh, a little more won't hurt," etc.
Anyway, I'm sticking on plan (Sparkpeople has a target cal/fat/protein/whatever else that I should be shooting for each day) for a week and then we'll see where I'm at.
Now it's time for a run!
------------------------------------------------------------------
One run later.....
I did 7.6 miles!!!
Before my run (while I was typing out the above bit, and shooting death glares at my scale), I had one of these PURE bars (the chocolate brownie one) and a glass of water:
It tasted kind of odd. It smelled kind of funky, too. I mean, obviously it hadn't gone bad or anything, it was just kind of weird. Meh. I mean it wasn't AWFUL or anything. Just kind of different.
The run went pretty well. I ran it in 1:17:02, which is a 10:08 mile pace. I definitely started out under 10 min/mile I think, and slowed down considerably towards the middle/end. On the way back, it was SO WINDY. The Charles River practically had white peaks going on. It was nuts. I could barely hear the music from my headphones.
As for the distance.....I'm so excited. This is really boding well for me.
See.... I got the marathon itch again. I know, I know. Call me crazy. But I'm really craving some long runs. Weird, huh.
Here is me rocking the NYC marathon in 2005 (during and after):


Do not be led astray by my cheerful disposition in these pictures. The camera just happened to catch me at the two very rare moments that I was smiling. =P It didn't happen to catch me crying, swearing, making mean faces, and overall being grumpy/exhausted/in pain/emotional.
I always swore I'd never do another marathon..... but.....
We'll see. =)
After my run, I had a chocolate banana smoothie:
And then snacked on some Kix!

Yikes, I think I might have had a mini panic attack if I'd seen that gain. But, you're right...it has to be due to a few reasons. If you did decent this last week, you couldn't possibly have gained that much. There's got to be a better explanation.
ReplyDeleteAs for Sparkpeople, I did it last year and I have to admit that it was fantastic. In fact, it's was the period in which I had the most success. The initial part takes a lot of work, but it's well worth it. In fact, maybe I should revisit it.
Dear Black Kitten, apparently we too missed the memo that said September is NOT the month for Kittehs. September is NOT the month for Kittehs to even approach scales. September is anti-Kitteh Weigh-in Month. Who woulda thunk? I wish I'd gotten the memo!!!!
ReplyDelete