Monday, August 31, 2009

Meal Plan, running, etc

etc.
Bfast:
Chobani peach yogurt (3 pts)
apple (1 pt)
half a slice of banana bread (2 pts)
Coffee with a splash of milk (.5 pts)

Total: 6.5 pts

Lunch:
Green peppers (0 pts)
Hummus (2 pts)
Kashi GoLean Cereal (2 pts)
1% milk (2 pts)

Total: 6 pts

Dinner (8.5 pts left):
Ummm I need some time, and I'll figure it out. It all depends on whether or not I want to actually MAKE something, or whether I just want to pick up some sushi or grill a veggie burger and call it a day. I'm thinking the latter. Making stuff takes time and energy, and I am very much ready to relax tonight.

Mmmm.... sushi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I ran (drum roll please...................)

6.1 miles! In 1:03:16. Freaking awesome. It's the longest I've run in a long time. I felt pretty good for most of it, but slow. Especially towards the end, I was really plodding along. But I have to start somewhere!

I don't want to weigh in on Thursday. I was very much on plan yesterday, and will continue to be today, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but I think my weekend nom sessions really put me back a bit. I'm going to be so discouraged if I see another 141.2 or 140.8 or whatever. I KNOW it's just a number, but it really does affect my outlook for the rest of the week. So I'm tempted to just wait until next Thursday to weigh in, after I've had a good solid week of OPness. But I know I should hold myself accountable, too. It's a conundrum. I think I'll wait to see how I feel on Thursday morning.

I made this apple cake recipe yesterday than turned out tasting like crap. Well - I take that back - it tasted fine, seeing as how it was made of sugar and flour and apples and such. Yum! How can you go wrong! It was the texture that was messed up - it was kind of mushy, like it was underbaked, only it wasn't underbaked, because I did the whole toothpick test and it came out fine. And I cooked it a little hotter than I should have, because my oven is shitty and won't get the temperature right. I put it to 350 degress, and next thing I know, it's up to 410 (I have a separate internal thermometer that I check) so I turn it down to 340 or so, and then next thing I know, it's at 260. Wtf. It's very difficult to bake stuff when the temp keeps fluctuating! Sigh.

Then again, it might have been mushy cause I forgot to put salt in. Whoops. Or maybe it was too many apples? Apples are pretty moist. Maybe they made the cake too moisty. Who knows. I'll post the recipe later on and maybe some of you baking connoisseurs can figure out where I went wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment