So day one of my challenge (yesterday) went splendidly.
Today poses a bit of a hiccup, however - I'll be going out to dinner with some friends. Appetizers! Beer! Entrees! One of my friends, who is also on weight watchers, and will also be at dinner with us, made a good point a few days ago - we're there for the fun and the company of good friends. It's not always all about the food and drinks.
I looked at the menu and decided on:
Summer Salad: Butter Brook Farms Greens and Tomatoes, Corn, Cucumber, Grilled Onion, Brioche Breadcrumbs, Sweet Basil Vinaigrette.
Most of the menu items I can't eat anyway, because the main ingredient is some type of meat. I'll get the dressing on the side and ask for no breadcrumbs, and I should be good to go - I'm guessing that with the corn and bit of dressing I'll use, the whole thing will be about 6 points, tops. Once breakfast and lunch are eaten, I'll have 10 points left for dinner, which means I can have a glass of wine at the restaurant, too =)
----------------------------------------------------------------
I discovered the most awesome lunch sandwich.
Joseph's pita bread has 60 calories, 2g fat, and 4g fiber per pita. And they taste really, really good. I took one of these, spread an entire quarter cup of this in it:
(Except I used the garlic kind, not the artichoke spinach). I also threw in some freshly minced garlic (yeah, I'm a garlic fiend), and some fresh, cut up red peppers.It's a two point sandwich that really fills you up! Craziness. Considering that I was eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches which weren't as good at staving away the hunger, yet were SIX points each - this is really awesome. I'm thinking of buying some sprouts soon to add to the sandwich, and using other veggies to throw in there too. Lettuce, tomatoes, onion..... Om nom!

That sounds like a great lunch idea! Definitely going to get some pita and hummus next time I run to the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried Better'n Peanut Butter. I went through a whole Thomas 100 Calorie English muffins and this peanut butter. Depending on how thick you like it, This can be a 2 point sandwich!
ReplyDelete